let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
Almost .5 acre backing onto a private forest with established gardens and fruit trees. Close to beautiful Huckleberry Park, Brentwood College, public transit and only 20 minutes to Langford. Enjoy the mountain and narrow ocean views while entertaining on 1 of the 3 spacious decks. Let the light shine in with this bright 4 bedroom, 3 full bath custom home which has seen many recent updates including a new roof...Listed by RE/MAX of Duncan
"TOTAL PRIVACY/10 ACRES/NEEDS TLC" What an opportunity to own this 2700 sq ft 4 bedroom 3 bath home. Nestled amongst tall trees on a beautiful totally private 10 acre lot. Situated at the end of a quiet no through country road just minutes walk to the beach in lovely Yellow Point. Home features vaulted ceilings, kitchen island, good water supply, wood fireplace. The home needs some attention but is solid and ...Listed by Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty Ladysmith
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I now live on a rural property in the mid-Vancouver Island area but I was very fortunate to spend my childhood and teen years in Victoria during the 50's and 60's when children could safely play in a 20 acre Garry Oak meadow unsupervised by adults. Later on, for several years, I rode horses from a family friend's farm, on trails through what is now Broadmead, on the beach in Cordova Bay and over Mt Doug, to events at the Carley's Riding Academy near the University of Victoria.
When I finished high school I went to France as an "au pair" girl to learn French. I graduated from UVIC with a BA in French and English; my studies were financed by my work in the summers as a Timber Cruiser for the B.C. Forest Service. After completing a year of teacher training, I travelled to the Comoro Islands, Africa, to work as a volunteer teacher for two years.
Since my return to Canada my work activities have included starting a horse & carriage company on Salt Spring Island, raising & training heritage Canadian horses and teaching Distance Education & French Immersion. The highlight of my work life so far is having raised two wonderful sons.
My present interests include organic gardening, promoting local food, horses, my dog, reading, writing, and protecting our precious natural environment. During the summer time I enjoy ocean swimming near Ladysmith as well as walking outdoors all year round. I dislike snow and feel very lucky to not be subjected to it very often!
I feel that two of my main roles as a real estate professional are helping people through change and writing excellent contracts which legally protect my clients. Due to my years of professional experience and extensive knowledge of the Vancouver Island area, I can assist buyers and sellers of rural properties or city homes from Victoria all the way to Qualicum Beach. I also understand the needs not only of couples and families, but also of independent men and women.
Please allow me to introduce you to the MAGIC of Vancouver Island!